Ground to be broken for Honda Plant in Celaya on March 28
A few months ago, when Honda Motor in Japan officially informed they would make a US$800 million investment to build their second complex in Mexico, they started negotiations with the State of Guanajuato in order to find the best site, in Celaya, near Leon, Silao and Irapuato.
Celaya is near industrial parks in Queretaro, San Luis Potosi and Silao, which makes auto parts supply to be guaranteed.
Now, after negotiating with ejido landowners, through the State Ministry of Economic Development, they have the land where Honda de Mexico’s industrial complex will be raised to assemble Fit subcompact model.
- The Tecma Group of Companies’ entities gain certification for Mexican VAT tax exemption
- Alfa will invest US$700 million in Altamira electric plant in 2015
- Eosol Energy will increase investments
- Mexico manufactures 85% of pieces for the aerospace sector
- Rassini grows capacity by 40% at their Puebla plant