Galician businessmen have business opportunities in Mexico
Zermeño participated last Tuesday in the Conferences About Business Opportunities in Mexico, held at Galicia Businessmen Confederation (Confederacion de Empresarios de Galicia [CEG]), attended by Javier Guerra, Economy and Industry Counselor for the Galician Government and Antonio Fontenla, Employers Representative for Spain Northwest Region, among others.
He said that there are 107 Galician companies established in Mexico, with exports for €114 million (some US$170 million), an amount which for Javier Guerra “is not enough” taking into consideration Mexico’s economic and population dimensions.
Mr. Guerra reminded the effort being made by Galicia’s Government to open an Economic Promotion Office in Mexico, a space that will provide for better knowledge of investment and trade exchange opportunities.
- The Tecma Group of Companies’ entities gain certification for Mexican VAT tax exemption
- Alfa will invest US$700 million in Altamira electric plant in 2015
- Eosol Energy will increase investments
- Mexico manufactures 85% of pieces for the aerospace sector
- Rassini grows capacity by 40% at their Puebla plant