Aero parts exports from Mexico growing
During such term, the Ministry of the Economy forecasts the number of jobs created by this industry will reach 110,000, almost times four the 31,000 jobs registered by the end of 2011. From such jobs, around 35% will be for engineers, but the rest will also be high specialization jobs.
“If we just let inertia take us, in 2020 we would reach exports between US$8 billion and US$10 billion, with 70,000 to 90,000 jobs generated”, the document says.
The Federal Government wants Mexico to be among the top 10 aero parts suppliers in the world, outdoing countries such as Spain and Holland; Mexico is currently 15th.
- The Tecma Group of Companies’ entities gain certification for Mexican VAT tax exemption
- Alfa will invest US$700 million in Altamira electric plant in 2015
- Eosol Energy will increase investments
- Mexico manufactures 85% of pieces for the aerospace sector
- Rassini grows capacity by 40% at their Puebla plant