Tatung Juarez will manufacture GE televisions
Jesus Nava, Human Resources Manager for Tatung in Ciudad Juarez, explained that the project was negotiated years ago, but only a few days ago its implementation started.
The name of the new company – which joins Tatung and General Electric – is General Displays & Technologies (GDT), and it will produce a new series of GE high definition TV sets.
The only plant the corporation has in Mexico – located in Ciudad Juarez – has experienced strong growth this year, which called for a second shift and creating around 300 new jobs, the Company informed.
In order to achieve high production levels required, the Company will soon open a second shift, which will represent a job opportunity for 300 people. Tatung currently employs 650 workers and its building is located in Las Fuentes Industrial Park.
- The Tecma Group of Companies’ entities gain certification for Mexican VAT tax exemption
- Alfa will invest US$700 million in Altamira electric plant in 2015
- Eosol Energy will increase investments
- Mexico manufactures 85% of pieces for the aerospace sector
- Rassini grows capacity by 40% at their Puebla plant