Inflation in Mexico down
According to Banco de Mexico, Consumer Prices Index dropped 0.31% in the first fifteen days of April, a lot better than the expected 0.09% increase.
Underlying inflation indicator, excluding volatile elements, went down 0.03% in the above-mentioned term, quite below the estimated 0.17% increase.
Goods and services sub-indexes were 0.15% and -0.20% respectively. The behavior of goods sub-index was greatly influenced by lower food prices. While for services, increases in the quotation of generic services, air transportation and travel packages were observed.
Non-underlying inflation index shrunk 1.05%.
Annual rate for prices of goods and administrative services dropped 1.11% in the first fifteen days of April as a result of lower power rates, while produce prices dropped 0.93%.
Banco de Mexico’s inflation goal is 3%, which should be reached by the end of 2011. (With information from Finsat/APB).
- The Tecma Group of Companies’ entities gain certification for Mexican VAT tax exemption
- Alfa will invest US$700 million in Altamira electric plant in 2015
- Eosol Energy will increase investments
- Mexico manufactures 85% of pieces for the aerospace sector
- Rassini grows capacity by 40% at their Puebla plant