Furniture manufacturer will open a plant in Yucatan
The company informed they will initially hire between 150 and 200 employees for the new plant, which production will be for export only. While Yucatan Ministry of Economic Foster informed that Furniture Brands will buy the building where Monty maquiladora used to be in Hunucma Municipality.
The project will be developed in three stages; in the first one 200 jobs will be generated out of 600 expected to be created when the plant is in full production.
Ray Johnson, Global Management Vice-president with Furniture Brands International, said that Merida offers to the company qualified labor and logistics flexibility.
- The Tecma Group of Companies’ entities gain certification for Mexican VAT tax exemption
- Alfa will invest US$700 million in Altamira electric plant in 2015
- Eosol Energy will increase investments
- Mexico manufactures 85% of pieces for the aerospace sector
- Rassini grows capacity by 40% at their Puebla plant