Fiat 500 to be produced in Mexico
To this purpose, Chrysler Plant in Michigan will start producing the new FIRE engine, 1.4 liters and four cylinders, in the fourth quarter of 2010. 100 thousand units will be manufactured every year, to be shipped to the Mexican plant to assemble the sub-compact model.
Half of Fiat 500 production will be meant for the United States and the other half will be sold in Latin America. Sergio Marchionne, CEO of Fiat and Chrysler, said in a press conference in Detroit that FIRE will require a US$179 million investment.
- The Tecma Group of Companies’ entities gain certification for Mexican VAT tax exemption
- Alfa will invest US$700 million in Altamira electric plant in 2015
- Eosol Energy will increase investments
- Mexico manufactures 85% of pieces for the aerospace sector
- Rassini grows capacity by 40% at their Puebla plant